The Circle Bar Ranch
Hunting Contract and Liability Waiver for Agritourism
Hunter’s Name: ____________________________________________________ Age: ____________
Hunter’s Address: _______________________________________________________________________________
City, State Zip: _________________________________________________________________________________
Phone: _____________________________________ Date of Birth: ______________________________
Driver’s License Number and State: ________________________________________________________________
Email Address: ________________________________________________________________________________
Species being hunted on this hunt:
Date on which hunt starts: ______________________ Date on which hunt ends: ____________________
Deposit due on or before: Before Full payment due on or before: Arrival
I, the undersigned, agree to purchase the hunt(s) specified above from Circle Bar ranch and to provide full payment to Circle Bar ranch. I promise to pay in full on or before the date indicated by this contract for all hunters and hunting days indicated by this contract. I understand that I will receive no refund or credit for early departure regardless of weather or circumstances. I understand that I will lose my reservation if my deposit is not received by the Circle Bar ranch on or before the deposit due date indicated above. I understand that no deposit or payment will be refunded if I cancel my hunt regardless of circumstance.
I realize that no guarantees regarding game animal numbers or harvests are implied or stated.
I agree to fully comply with the following conditions:
1. I will obey all game laws as stated by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
2. I have read and I will fully comply with the Hunting Safety Rules shown on the last page of this waiver.
3. I will have my Texas hunting license on my person before arriving at the Circle Bar ranch. Absolutely no hunting will be permitted until I am in full compliance. I will present my hunting license to an authorized Circle Bar ranch agent for verification upon my arrival at the hunting lodge. The Circle Bar ranch will not provide transportation to an establishment that sells hunting licenses.
4. I will bring no unauthorized persons onto the hunting property.
5. Alcohol may be served or available for consumption on the property, and I agree not to operate a motor vehicle, carry a firearm, hunt or leave the property under the influence or in the possession of alcohol consumed on the property.
6. I will conduct myself in a dignified manner. I will respect the properties on which I hunt and I will be considerate of any other hunters in any party.
7. Hunter orange is required for hunting all game birds except turkeys and doves.
8. All game animals will be harvested and handled in an ethical manner. Any deer shot, wounded and not retrieved counts as my harvest. I understand that my guide and I may continue to look for that particular deer for the duration of my hunt and that I cannot harvest or attempt to harvest a different deer. No exceptions.
9. All artifacts including but not limited to fossils, skulls, bones, native American artifacts and relics, and old west antiques are the properties of the Circle Bar ranch and may not be removed from ranch property for any reason.
10. I will leave no litter on ranch property. I will pick up all of my spent hulls and cartridges. I understand if I refuse to pick up all of my spent hulls and cartridges that I will not be allowed to continue hunting on the Circle Bar ranch.
11. Absolutely no loaded firearms are allowed in any vehicle or building while on ranch property.
12. I agree to take all precautions to avoid bringing or spreading onto the Properties (defined below) Chronic Wasting Disease, Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (commonly known as Mad Cow Disease), West Nile Virus, and all other diseases (individually, a “Disease” and collectively, the “Diseases”).
Any blatant disregard for the above conditions will result in breach of contract, forfeiture of all fees, and immediate dismissal from hunting properties.
Hunting, by its very nature, can be a dangerous activity resulting in serious injury, sickness, death, or damage to personal property. Natural hazards ranging from rattlesnakes to rugged terrain and thorny brush are common in this area. I acknowledge that a certain level of danger arises from being in close proximity to wild animals, including the possible contraction of Diseases and sicknesses from the wild animals. Man-made hazards such as fencing, abandoned equipment, and other potential safety risks exist on the ranch. I certify that I am an experienced hunter and outdoorsman and that I am proficient at handling firearms and archery equipment safely, whichever weapon applies to the hunt indicated by this document.
I understand that the hunt will be on properties owned by the Circle Bar ranch (“Properties”). As a condition of any participation and grant of access to such Properties, I hereby waive and relinquish, covenant not to sue, and fully release and forever discharge the Circle Bar ranch and their affiliated companies, partners, officers, directors, owners, shareholders, agents, employees, successors, assigns, and legal representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, causes of action, and/or liabilities whatsoever, at common law or otherwise, for injury to or sickness or death of myself or other persons, or for any loss of or damage to my property, regardless of whether the property is entrusted to any of the Released Parties, and regardless of whether the injury, sickness, death, loss, or damage is due to casualty, theft, property condition, Disease or sickness contracted by any person or animal while on the Properties, or any other cause which may arise as a result of or in connection with any of my activities on or around the Properties (collectively, the “Claims”), even if such Claims are caused in whole or in part by the negligence of any of the Released Parties. I acknowledge that all personal property in the Properties is taken or stored there at my own risk, and I waive all Claims against the Released Parties for any damage to or theft of personal property on the Properties, even if such Claims are caused in whole or in part by the negligence of any Released Parties.
I am financially responsible for any property damage or injury to persons or livestock that can be directly attributed to my negligence or inappropriate behavior while on the Properties, at the hunting lodge, or in any vehicle provided by Circle Bar ranch or any agent thereof.
I am financially responsible for any injury or death to a hunting dog or dogs that can be directly attributed to my negligence or inappropriate behavior while on the hunting property, at the hunting lodge, or in any vehicle provided by Circle Bar ranch or any agent thereof. The Circle Bar ranch will accept an immediate payment of $5000.00 per hunting dog that is shot and killed or injured in a way that permanently disables the hunting dog’s effectiveness.
AGREEMENT AND WARNING: I UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT AN AGRITOURISM ENTITY IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY TO OR DEATH OF AN AGRITOURISM PARTICIPANT RESULTING FROM AGRITOURISM ACTIVITIES. I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE ACCEPTED ALL RISK OF INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND OTHER LOSS THAT MAY RESULT FROM AGRITOURISM ACTIVITIES.
Hunter’s Signature: _________________________________________________ Date: _________________
Hunter’s Printed Name: ______________________________________________
Guardian’s Signature if Hunter is Under Age 18: _________________________________________
Hunting Safety Rules:
Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are allowed except back at the lodge at the end of each day’s hunt.
No loaded firearms are allowed at lodge area.
No loaded firearms are allowed when traveling in vehicles provided by the Circle Bar ranch.
Do not cross a fence with a loaded firearm.
Keep your gun pointed in a safe direction at all times. Know the location of your hunting partners, guide, hunting dogs and hunting vehicle at all times.
Keep your finger off of the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
Be sure of your target and the area behind your target. If in doubt, do NOT shoot.
Hunter orange is required for all bird hunting (except turkey, dove, or duck hunting).
Shooting glasses and hearing protection are strongly recommended. We provide shooting glasses.
No more than three (3) quail hunters per group. Maintain a straight line while approaching the pointed covey. The guide will normally position himself behind the middle shooter. Restrict your shooting area to the zones indicated in the following diagram below this section. Do NOT swing and shoot behind your line.
Bird hunters should be constantly aware of the location of the bird dogs since the dogs will likely be in the safe shooting zones. Avoid low shots that could potentially kill or injure a bird dog. Hunters are financially liable for any injury to a hunting dog that is a result of hunter negligence.
Rifle and handgun hunters must NOT chamber a round until directed to do so by their hunting guide.
Pick up ALL spent hulls and cartridges and other litter even if the litter is not yours.
DO NOT swing and shoot behind your line.
Always Know Where you are in relation to safe shooting zones. Also, be aware of any hunting dogs, fellow hunters, hazards and the hunting guide’s location.
TEXAS AGRITOURISM ACT INFO.
We are a active participant in the Texas Agritourism Act.
A AGRITOURISM ENTITY IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY TO OR DEATH OF AN AGRITOURISM PARTICIPANT RESULTING FROM AN AGRITOURISM ACTIVITY.